Sometimes I forget I have an oven and how easy it is to roast veggies. If you’re ever stumped as to what to do with your veggies, and you’re feeling lazy (as I usually am), all you need is some olive oil, herbs, garlic, and salt and pepper, and you have a super tasty, easy, and healthy meal. I liked the combination of sage, oregano, rosemary, and scallions, but you can mix and match whatever other herbs you want. Thyme and parsley would be good also. I threw some Daiya cheese on top to add some creaminess. The result: deliciousness, with minimal ingredients.
Veggies (use more or less, depending on what you like)
- 2 small red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 tsp fresh chopped sage
- 1 tsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of Daiya mozzarella (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss the veggies with the seasoning, making sure to coat them all, and place in a roasting dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then add Daiya mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Good as a side dish or over some quinoa or your preferred grain.